Sometimes life brings us many challenges that often makes us feel unmotivated and discouraged. Today I will share with you the little things I like to do to keep going through the hard times.
(Para leer en español, cliquea aquí)
1. Write: I love writing! I have since I was a kid, therefore, this makes me happy. I suggest that you write down your thoughts, wishes, or whatever you want. This exercise will help you get to know you and your feelings better. You can be creative and draw, make a collage, etc.
2. Unwind: Disconnect and unwind! I try to do this as much as I can so I can charge my batteries. This step is important because in order to keep moving forward you need to be centered. Take time for yourself and choose at least an hour a day to relax. Listen to music, take a bubble bath, drink some tea, and do whatever makes you feel at ease.
3. Find people who inspires you: This will help you keep on track! Follow them on social media so their work can inspire you. Make sure you don’t copy or imitate others, find your own way to express what you like and who you are. Everyone is different, and to me, that’s the beauty of life.
4. Surround yourself with positivity: Start with yourself by thinking and saying positive things; then, surround yourself with people who are positive. Also, the things we do and the places we frequent influences our energies towards life, remember that.
5. Take action: Taking action is one of the most important steps to achieve your goals. Challenge and push yourself into taking chances. Make your own luck by researching, networking, going out to places related to what you like, and make sure to always be truth to yourself.
6. Try to better yourself: One of the things that I love to do is to better myself. Start by doing small changes and getting used to them. Make a list of things you will like to do and get to work!
7. Acceptance: Accept that you will not always have control over things. Know your abilities and use them in your favor, that’s the best thing you can do. Allow yourself to understand that not being ok, it’s ok; but your mindset will determine whether you have success or not. Consider that success is achieved by trying, working hard, and by knowing that it is not promised to anyone.
8. Ask for help: If you are like me, asking for help is the last thing you want to do. I just like to get things done by myself, but accepting the fact that we cannot do something alone, makes us stronger. Sometimes we need help, and that’s totally fine.
9. Do what you like: Sometimes we distance ourselves from our passions, and that’s when we start loosing motivation. Even if you do not pursue a career in what you really like, make sure to do it as a hobby. We are what we like, we are connected to that and we own ourselves to do the things that makes our heart glows.
10. Be yourself: I know that it takes time to find ourselves and know who we are, but know that we are constantly changing. We are not who we were two years ago, and we will not be the same in five years. So, work with what you have now. Know your limits, your ideals, know what you like and what you don’t, and be true to yourself. Don’t try to change for others, and always do what you think is right for you.
Life is difficult, in fact, it is more painful than it is pleasant. But we need to try to be positive, so we can move forward in life. These are a few things that make me feel motivated into achieving my goals through the hard times. Share with me what things help you get through.